Do you need to simultaneously print on both sides of a label or tag? The Plexo! duo 453 takes Plexo! two color label printing and turns it upside-down, so that you can print duplex labels. In the Plexo! duo, one printhead is on the bottom side of the label while the other is on the top side of the label. The result is that you can print labels with graphics, text, barcodes, and variable information in a single color on the top side of the label and in a single color on bottom of the label.
The Plexo! duo is especially ideal for printing apparel care labels, hang tags, and price tags, where brand logos, required ASTM symbols, serializing codes, and text must be printed on both sides of the label or tag.
Each Plexo! label printer is backed by QuickLabel's Plexo! Lifetime Warranty and QuickSwap™ Repair and Replacement Program.
- Labels & Inks
Double-Sided Label Printing in Any 2 Colors:
The Plexo duo 453 prints double-sided labels in two colors, with one color printed on the top of the label and one color printed on the reverse side of the label. Designed primarily for use by apparel and textile manufacturers who need to print double-sided care labels and tags, hang tags, and price tags, the rugged Plexo! duo is equally at home in a service bureau or factory floor.
2 Color Care Label Printing:
The Plexo! duo 453 can print all ASTM care label symbols and color logos and is capable of printing variable information on-the-fly. This duplex printer is at its best printing narrow labels between 0.78” – 4.1” wide (20mm -106mm ), and is compatible with most non-woven and polysatin care label materials, paper tag materials, and the QuickLabel family of washable thermal transfer ribbons for apparel applications. The Plexo! duo is also compatible with shrink tubing material, and can be used to print cable and wire markers.
It is convenient to cut labels printed by the Plexo! duo 453, either at the end of a batch or in individual labels. The printer can be mated to an integrated cutter or integrated cutter-stacker accessory, making it easy to print, cut, and then stack printed labels or tags at any time. It’s also easy to rewind a roll of care labels inline with the integrated rewinder accessory.
Price of the Plexo! duo 453 Double-Sided Label Printer:
Please contact us for price information in your local area, since prices vary around the world.
- Double-sided color label printer
(one color on top of the label, one on the bottom)
- 4 inch print width
- Print Technology: Multi-color thermal transfer label printing
- Print Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print Speeds: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 ips (30-125mm/s). User selectable.
- Print Width: 0.78" to 4.1" wide (20mm to 106mm)
- Print Length: 1.18" to 79" long (30mm- 2000mm)
- On-board Processor: 266 MHz processor
- Memory and Storage: 64 MB RAM, 8 MB Flash Memory
- User Interface: Backlit LCD control panel
- Optional Accessories: Automatic Label Rewinder, Label & Tag Cutter-Stacker, Label & Tag Cutter, Large Roll Unwinder (to accommodate supply roll larger than 12” OD (300mm OD), QuickDispense™ Label Dispenser (for faster hand apply labeling)
- Two built in USB 2.0 ports; Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet port with TCP/IP; available slot for Wireless LAN card; available slot for Compact Flash Type 1 Memory card
Barcodes, Graphics, and Fonts Supported:
- Fonts: Any TrueType® font can be downloaded; 5 bitmap and 3 vector fonts on-board
- Graphics: .BMP, .GIF, .JPG, .PCX, .PNG, .TIF
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII Indent and lead (extended Code 3 of 9), Code 93, Code 128 A, B, C, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN/UPC Appendix 2, EAN/UPC Appendix 5, FIM, RSS 14, GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC 128), HIBC, 13 JAN 8, Identcode (German Post Code), MSI, Plessey, Postnet, RSS 14, UPC A, UPC E, E0
- 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, EAN-Datamatrix, Data Matrix, GS1 DataBar, IUID/UID, Micro PDF 417, PDF 417, QR-Code, RSS 14 truncated, limited, stacked and stacked omnidirectional, UPS Maxicode.
Label & Ink Supplies:
- Ink: Thermal transfer ribbon (ink): two rolls in any color(s)
- Ribbon Saver: Not available on Plexo! duo.
- Labels: Rollstock or fanfold paper and synthetic labels and tags
- Maximum Label Roll Outside Diameter: 12" OD (300mm OD) wide
- Dimensions: 15.5” H x 21.8” D x 9.8” W (395mm H x 554mm D x 248 mm W)
- Weight: 46 lbs. (21 kg)
- Environmental Conditions: 41◦F - -40◦ F (5◦ C- -40◦ C), 10-85% Relative Humidity
- Safety Standards: UL, CE, CCC, FCC Part 15 Class A, CB, ROHS-compliant
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Labels and Thermal Transfer Ribbons for the Plexo! duo 453:
The Plexo! duo 453 offers some label printing advantages due to its unique thermal transfer printer technology: the ability to print long-lasting, durable labels and the ability print labels in the color white, and in special, dedicated colors including metallic gold and silver. This is possible because, instead of using inkjet ink or laser toner, the Plexo! duo 453 uses color thermal transfer ribbons as printing ink. With the largest inventory of colored thermal transfer ribbons in the world, QuickLabel sells over 70 different formulations of thermal transfer ribbons in a rainbow of colors. Request a quote on thermal transfer ribbon.
Labels printed by the Plexo! duo 453 are finished, dry, and need no additional finishing. Users can printed directly on pre-die cut label materials, producing a range of label shapes and sizes. Request a quote on labels to supply a Plexo! duo 453 label printer.
Compatibility with a wide range of thermal transfer labels and tag materials, including both pressure sensitive paper label materials and synthetic label materials that are not compatible with other printing technologies, is another advantage of color thermal transfer printing. Many rollstock packaging films are compatible with the Plexo! duo 453 label printer. If you’d like our Media Test Lab to evaluate your material for compatibility with the Plexo! duo 453, Contact a Media Sales Specialist.
Software & Accessories for the Plexo! Family:
One of the best features of Plexo! family is that the functionality of each printer is designed to be extended by accessories, allowing you to create a true tabletop in-house labeling center. An integrated label cutter and cutter-stacker can be connected via a USB port located on the front panel. Off-line accessories such as an external label rewinder can also be easily mated to the Plexo! printers.
QuickLabel offers a full line of accessory devices for use with the Plexo! two color label printers:
Labeling Software (Optional):
NiceLabel® is a professional labeling software that offers a modular solution that fits into your existing system seamlessly for bar code and RFID label design and printing.
External Label Rewinder:
Compact device automatically winds labels onto a roll as they exit the printer. Finished rolls are ready to be loaded into an automatic label applicator, label dispenser, or stored for later use.
Label & Tag Cutter:
This attachment integrates the cutting of pressure-sensitive labels and non-adhesive tags with the Plexo! printers so that users can print and accurately cut tags in a single process. Labels can be cut individually, or a strip of labels can be cut at the end of a batch. Available with attachable tray to collect cut labels and tags. Minimum cut length: 0.47" (12 mm). Maximum label/tag thickness: 12 Mil (0.012”, 0.30 mm) on tag stock.
Label & Tag Cutter-Stacker:
This integrated accessory attaches to the front of the Plexo! 453 two color label printer, so that labels are cut and stacked as they are printed. Speed is up to 120 cuts per minute. Printing and cutting will stop automatically when the maximum height of the stack is reached (5.5” high, 140mm). Printer front panel will display Cutter-Stacker status messages, including maximum stack height and label jam error. To initiate cutting, select “Cutter” from the Plexo! Windows® driver.
QuickDispense™ Label Dispenser:
Using a roll of labels, the QuickDispense
automatically dispenses one label at a time, reducing time and effort in hand-applying labels. Typically used after labels have been printed and wound onto a core by a label rewinder. Accepts label sizes between 0.5” – 6.55” wide and between 0.25” – 8” long (13mm – 156mm wide x 6mm – 203mm long).
Compact Flash Card:
2 Gb card stores label files, images, and fonts where they can be rapidly retrieved during printing, reducing processing time for the host computer. In addition, the Compact Flash card can store custom software programs written to interpret data coming from another system into a language the Plexo! can print.