Remember when barcode label printers could only print one color at a time? Now you can print any label in two colors, with the Plexo! two color label printer family. Print labels with two-color graphics, barcodes, and variable fields that pull information directly from a database or production system.
The Plexo! family is especially ideal for printing GHS labels, where red and black pictograms, chemical names, and precautionary statements must be printed in color on hazardous chemical labels.
Each Plexo! label printer is backed by QuickLabel's Plexo! Lifetime Warranty and QuickSwap™ Repair and Replacement Program.
- Labels & Inks
QuickLabel Systems is known for its color label printers and barcode label printers. Now you can have the best of both worlds. The Plexo! family is a line of two color label printers that operate just like barcode label printers. If you’re familiar with printing labels from a barcode printer, you’ll find it comfortable and easy to print two color labels with a Plexo! color label printer.
Two Color Label Printer Models:
- The Plexo! 453 is a two color label printer that makes labels up to 4 inches wide and 79 inches long. The 4 inch wide model is used to print a wide variety of labels and tags, including GHS chemical labels, asset tracking labels, food labels, and other product labels.
- The Plexo! 653 is a two color label printer that makes labels up to 6 inches wide and 59 inches long. The 6 inch wide model is popular among chemical producers who require a 6 inch wide label for use in drum labeling and barrel labeling, and especially for printing large GHS labels.
GHS Label Printing in Two Colors:
When the EC declared December 2010 as the date by which all chemical manufacturers must comply with GHS labeling regulations, it did not describe a way to put its regulations into effect. How can chemical processors who have dozens or hundreds of different products suddenly begin to make GHS chemical labels in two colors, with a unique black and red pictogram symbol, signal word, hazard statement, and precautionary statement for each chemical? The costs of printing these labels and storing them in inventory could be astronomical, and could easily result in labeling errors when operators retrieve stock to apply labels to each product.
That’s why QuickLabel offers the Plexo Family, capable of printing GHS labels in two colors. The Plexo! printers allow you to print any label content on-the-fly, including barcodes and unique, variable information. QuickLabel also offers the Vivo! Touch for printing GHS labels in 4 colors through CMYK process color label printing.
Low Cost per Label with Ribbon Saver:
The Plexo! printers use standard thermal transfer labels and thermal transfer ribbons, allowing you to select the most cost-effective media for your label printing project. The Plexo! printers also have a hardware advantage: a built in ribbon saving mechanism. When you print labels in two colors, you may find that one color is used in a small area, as is the case with GHS labels, where the red portion of the GHS pictogram is in a small spot on the label. In that situation, your Plexo! will conserve the use of thermal transfer ribbon, saving you money.
Prices of the Plexo! Two Color Label Printer Family:
Please contact us for price information in your local area, since prices vary around the world
- Two color label printer
- 4 inch print width
- Two color label printer
- 6 inch print width
- Print Technology: Multi-color thermal transfer label printing
- Print Resolution: 300 dpi
- Print Speeds: 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 ips (30-125mm/s). User selectable.
- Print Width:
- Print Length:
- On-board Processor: 266 MHz processor
- Memory and Storage: 64 MB RAM, 8 MB Flash Memory
- User Interface: Backlit LCD control panel
- Optional Accessories: Automatic Label Rewinder, Label & Tag Cutter-Stacker, Label & Tag Cutter, Large Roll Unwinder (to accommodate supply roll larger than 12” OD (300mm OD), QuickDispense™ Label Dispenser (for faster hand apply labeling)
Plexo! 453: 0.78" to 4.1" wide (20mm to 106mm)
Plexo! 653: 2" to 6.4" wide (50mm to 163mm)
Plexo! 453: 1.18" to 79" long (30 mm – 2000mm)
Plexo! 653: 1.18" to 59" long (30mm- 1500mm)
- Two built in USB 2.0 ports; Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet port with TCP/IP; available slot for Wireless LAN card; available slot for Compact Flash Type 1 Memory card
Barcodes, Graphics, and Fonts Supported:
- Fonts: Any TrueType® font can be downloaded; 5 bitmap and 3 vector fonts on-board
- Graphics: .BMP, .GIF, .JPG, .PCX, .PNG, .TIF
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII Indent and lead (extended Code 3 of 9), Code 93, Code 128 A, B, C, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN/UPC Appendix 2, EAN/UPC Appendix 5, FIM, RSS 14, GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC 128), HIBC, 13 JAN 8, Identcode (German Post Code), MSI, Plessey, Postnet, RSS 14, UPC A, UPC E, E0
- 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, EAN-Datamatrix, Data Matrix, GS1 DataBar, IUID/UID, Micro PDF 417, PDF 417, QR-Code, RSS 14 truncated, limited, stacked and stacked omnidirectional, UPS Maxicode.
Label & Ink Supplies:
- Ink: Thermal transfer ribbon (ink): two rolls in any color(s)
- Ribbon Saver: built-in.
- Labels: Rollstock or fanfold paper and synthetic labels and tags
- Maximum Label Roll Outside Diameter: 12" OD (300mm OD) wide
- Environmental Conditions: 41◦F - -40◦ F (5◦ C- -40◦ C), 10-85% Relative Humidity
- Safety Standards: UL, CE, CCC, FCC Part 15 Class A, CB, ROHS-compliant
- Power Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Plexo! 453: 15.5” H x 21.8” D x 9.8” W (395 mm H x 554 mm D x 248 mm W)
Plexo! 653: 15.5” H x 21.8” D x 14” W (395 mm H x 554 mm D x 358 mm W)
Plexo! 453: 48.5 lbs. (22 kg)
Plexo! 653: 53 lbs. (24 kg)
Labels and Thermal Transfer Ribbons for the Plexo! Family:
The Plexo! 453 & 653 offer some label printing advantages due to its unique thermal transfer printer technology: the ability to print long-lasting, durable labels and the ability print labels in the color white, and in special, dedicated colors including metallic gold and silver. This is possible because, instead of using inkjet ink or laser toner, the Plexo! 453 & 653 use color thermal transfer ribbons as printing ink. With the largest inventory of colored thermal transfer ribbons in the world, QuickLabel sells over 70 different formulations of thermal transfer ribbons in a rainbow of colors. Request a quote on thermal transfer ribbon.
Labels printed by the Plexo! 453 & 653 are finished, dry, and need no additional finishing. Users can printed directly on pre-die cut label materials, producing a range of label shapes and sizes. Request a quote on labels to supply a Plexo! Family label printers.
Compatibility with a wide range of thermal transfer labels and tag materials, including both pressure sensitive paper label materials and synthetic label materials that are not compatible with other printing technologies, is another advantage of color thermal transfer printing. Many rollstock packaging films are compatible with the Plexo! 453 & 653 label printers. If you’d like our Media Test Lab to evaluate your material for compatibility with the Plexo! 453 & 653, Contact a Media Sales Specialist.
Software & Accessories for the Plexo! Family:
One of the best features of Plexo! family is that the functionality of each printer is designed to be extended by accessories, allowing you to create a true tabletop in-house labeling center. An integrated label cutter and cutter-stacker can be connected via a USB port located on the front panel. Off-line accessories such as an external label rewinder can also be easily mated to the Plexo! printers.
QuickLabel offers a full line of accessory devices for use with the Plexo! two color label printers:
Labeling Software (Optional):
NiceLabel® is a professional labeling software that offers a modular solution that fits into your existing system seamlessly for bar code and RFID label design and printing.
External Label Rewinder:
Compact device automatically winds labels onto a roll as they exit the printer. Finished rolls are ready to be loaded into an automatic label applicator, label dispenser, or stored for later use.
Label & Tag Cutter:
This attachment integrates the cutting of pressure-sensitive labels and non-adhesive tags with the Plexo! printers so that users can print and accurately cut tags in a single process. Labels can be cut individually, or a strip of labels can be cut at the end of a batch. Available with attachable tray to collect cut labels and tags. Minimum cut length: 0.47" (12 mm). Maximum label/tag thickness: 12 Mil (0.012”, 0.30 mm) on tag stock.
Label & Tag Cutter-Stacker:
This integrated accessory attaches to the front of the Plexo! 453 two color label printer, so that labels are cut and stacked as they are printed. Speed is up to 120 cuts per minute. Printing and cutting will stop automatically when the maximum height of the stack is reached (5.5” high, 140mm). Printer front panel will display Cutter-Stacker status messages, including maximum stack height and label jam error. To initiate cutting, select “Cutter” from the Plexo! Windows® driver.
QuickDispense™ Label Dispenser:
Using a roll of labels, the QuickDispense
automatically dispenses one label at a time, reducing time and effort in hand-applying labels. Typically used after labels have been printed and wound onto a core by a label rewinder. Accepts label sizes between 0.5” – 6.55” wide and between 0.25” – 8” long (13mm – 156mm wide x 6mm – 203mm long).
Compact Flash Card:
2 Gb card stores label files, images, and fonts where they can be rapidly retrieved during printing, reducing processing time for the host computer. In addition, the Compact Flash card can store custom software programs written to interpret data coming from another system into a language the Plexo! can print.