Pronto! 486 High-Resolution Barcode Printer
Print Labels with Graphics Using Your Barcode Printer:
This 600 dpi barcode printer makes barcode labels with very small text, at sizes as small as 4 pt. type, and makes barcode label graphics in near-lithographic print quality with consistent, solid fills and clean lines and curves. Some use the Pronto! 486 to make small-size identification labels, rating plate labels, and PC board labels. Others print single-color primary display labels for their products, making labels with logos and illustrations that help promote their brands on the retail shelf. The Pronto! 486 can print variable information labels with logos, graphics, barcodes, nutrition facts panels, date codes, weight, size, price, part number, and other serializing or databased variable information.
Barcode Printer with Built-in Ethernet and Web Server:
A built-in Ethernet server and a built-in web server is standard with every Pronto! barcode printer, allowing you to print over a network as well as monitor the status of your barcode printer remotely via the Internet.
We extend our industry-leading Pronto! Limited Lifetime Warranty & QuickSwap™ Loan, Repair, and Replacement Service to every Pronto! owner. QuickLabel will stay by your side to respond to the questions or problems that may arise as you use your barcode printer to produce the labels your business needs to identify, package, ship, and sell your products.
- Technology: Thermal Transfer (1 spot color) and Direct Thermal
- Resolution: 600 dpi (24 dots/mm)
- Speed: 1- 4 ips (25.4 mm - 100 mm/sec)
- Print Modes: Batch, Tear-Off, Demand/Peel, Cut and Perf/Cut (requires accessories)
- Control Panel: Illuminated, front panel keypad with Cancel, Enter, Feed, Menu, and Pause functions
- Display: Illuminated graphical 4 line x 20 character LCD display and Real-Time Clock
- Print Width: 0.16” – 4.-09” (4 mm – 104 mm); Max. Accepted Label Width (throat): 4.56” (116 mm)
- Print Length: 0.2” – 78.74” (5 mm – 2000 mm)
- Ribbon Roll Capacity: 500m long (1,640 ft); Outside Diameter: 8.25” (210 mm)
- Label/Tag Requirements:
Label/Tag Width: 0.16” (4 mm) - 4.57” (116 mm)
Label/Tag Length: 0.20” - 78.74" (2000 mm)
Label Roll Supply Roll: 8.27” (210 mm) OD; 1.5 – 3.94” ID (38 mm - 100 mm)
Thickness: 0.0027” - 0.0137” (0.07mm - 0.35mm) or 3-14 mil
- Media Sensor: Adjustable sensor moves from 0.2" - 2.09" (5 mm - 53 mm). Detects Gap/Notch, Reflective, and Continuous.
Barcodes and Fonts:
- Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII Indent and lead (extended Code 3 of 9), Code 93, Code 128 A, B, C, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN/UPC Appendix 2, EAN/UPC Appendix 5, FIM, GS1-128 (formerly known as UCC 128), HIBC, 13 JAN 8, Identcode (German Post Code), MSI, Plessey, Postnet, RSS 14, UPC A, UPC E, E0
- 2D Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, EAN-Datamatrix, Data Matrix, PDF 417, Micro PDF 417, QR-Code, RSS 14 truncated, limited, stacked and stacked omnidirectional, IUID/UID, UPS Maxicode.
- Fonts: Any TrueType® font can be downloaded; 5 bitmap and 3 vector fonts on-board
Software and Electronics:
- Printer Drivers: Windows® Vista driver standard
- Software: NiceLabel® barcode labeling software optional
- System Integration: Host protocol, Basic compiler
- Memory: 64Mb RAM, 8Mb ROM on-board. Optional: Up to 1 Tb USB drive, up to 256Gb Type 1 Compact Flash card
- Electronics: 32-bit ColdFire RISC 266 MHz, Real-Time Clock
- Connectivity: Standard: USB 2.0 (two additional USB ports for accessories), Ethernet 10/100 Base-T (10/100 Mbit/s), RS232C Serial; Optional: Wireless LAN card, IEEE 1284 Parallel adapter
Physical and Environmental:
- Dimensions: 274mm H x 242 mm W x 446 mm D (10.78" H x 9.52" W x 17.55" D )
- Weight: 19.84 lbs. (9 kg)
- Environmental Requirements: Operate at 50° - 95° F (10° - 35° C), 30 – 85% Relative Humidity
- Power Requirements: Universal Power Supply 100 - 240 VAC (self-switching), 50/60Hz 250W max.
- Compliance Standards: CE, UL/CULus, FCC Class A, RoHS, WEEE
Price of the Pronto! 486 Barcode Label Printer:
The Pronto! 486 is priced at $2795 USD. The “Peel-off” print mode version is priced at $2995. The Pronto! 486 and accessories can be purchased through our web store or by telephoning us at toll-free at 877-757-7978.
Software & Accessories for the Pronto! 486:
QuickLabel recommends the use of NiceLabel® barcode labeling software for barcode label design and barcode label printing with its Pronto! 486 barcode printers.
We also offer a full line of accessory devices for use with the Pronto! 482 barcode printers.
Compact device automatically winds labels onto a roll as they exit the printer. Finished rolls are ready to be loaded into an automatic label applicator, label dispenser, or stored for later use.
Integrated Label Rewinder:
Compact device communicates directly with the Pronto! 486 and Pronto! 482 printers via USB and detects label print speed, automatically adjusting rewind speed to wind labels onto a roll without tugging.
Label & Tag Cutter:
This attachment integrates the cutting of pressure-sensitive labels and non-adhesive tags with the Pronto! 486 and Pronto! 482 printers so that users can print and accurately cut tags in a single process. Available with optional, attachable tray to collect cut labels and tags. Minimum cut length: 0.47" (12 mm). Maximum label/tag thickness: 12 Mil (0.012”, 0.30 mm) on paper card stock.
Label & Tag Cutter-Stacker:
This integrated accessory attaches to the front of any Pronto! barcode label printer, so that labels are cut and stacked as they are printed. Speed is up to 120 cuts per minute. Printing and cutting will stop automatically when the maximum height of the stack is reached (5.5” high, 140mm). Printer front panel will display Cutter-Stacker status messages, including maximum stack height and label jam error: To initiate cutting, select “Cutter” from the Pronto! Windows® driver.
Large Roll Unwinder:
External device for support of extra-large roll of blank labels. This unit sits behind the Pronto! 486 or Pronto! 482 and modulates the rate at which the printer takes labels from the large label supply. Max accepted roll diameter is 11.7.”
QuickDispense™ Label Dispenser:
Using a roll of labels, the QuickDispense
automatically dispenses one label at a time, reducing time and effort in hand-applying labels. Typically used after labels have been printed and wound onto a core by a label rewinder. Accepts label sizes between 0.5” – 6.55” wide and between 0.25” – 8” long (13mm – 156mm wide x 6mm – 203mm long).
Compact Flash Card:
2 Gb card stores label files, images, and fonts where they can be rapidly retrieved during printing, reducing processing time for the host computer. In addition, the Compact Flash card can store custom software programs written to interpret data coming from another system into a language the Pronto! can print.
802.11 g/b wireless LAN network card allows you to connect wirelessly to your Pronto! 482 or Pronto! 486, and allows you to print labels from your computer to your Pronto! anywhere in range of your local network.
The largest hunger relief organization in the Delaware Valley, Philabundance, uses the Pronto! 486 to re-label food donations on its high volume production line. The Pronto! 486 prints food labels with nutrition facts, cooking instructions, food weight, and the high-resolution Philabundance logo. Working together, the employees, volunteers, and donors of Philabundance feed more than 65,000 people each week in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
“Our Pronto! label printer has revolutionized our label printing. We’ve gone from 4 or 5 labels per bag to just 2. The Pronto! is intuitive and easy to use, training new staff on the system is a snap! The machine and its components are durable … We’re also pleased with QuickLabel customer service, QuickLabel is courteous and responsive. When we asked for next-day delivery of a new print head, we got it the next day. Minimal downtime for us means more money.”
- Hank at Lola Savannah
When Austin’s legendary Soup Peddler wanted to automate label printing for their rotating menu of hundreds of soups and entrées, owner David Ansel chose the Pronto! 486 barcode printer and a flexographically pre-printed template label from QuickFlex™.